Social media is without doubt one of the greatest methods to amplify your model and the good content material you’re creating. But it surely isn’t sufficient to only submit content material to social everytime you really feel prefer it – posting at some occasions performs higher than others.
So, what are the most effective occasions to submit on every social media channel in 2023? We surveyed 1000+ social media entrepreneurs and bought the reply.
Greatest Time to Publish on Instagram
In 2022, Instagram surpassed 2 billion month-to-month customers, with most of its base accessing the platform by way of cell.
- On common, the most effective occasions to submit on Instagram throughout industries are mid to late night and mid to late afternoon, particularly from 6 PM – 9 PM, 12 PM – 3 PM, and three PM – 6 PM.
- The most effective day to submit on Instagram is Saturdays. The worst is on Mondays.
- The worst occasions to submit are:
Greatest Time to Publish on Fb
With regards to greatest occasions to submit, entrepreneurs report nearly equivalent numbers on Facebook as they do on Instagram.
- On common, the most effective occasions to submit on Fb throughout industries are within the night and mid-to-late afternoon, particularly between 6 and 9 PM and 12 PM – 3 PM.
- The most effective day to submit on Fb are Friday and Saturday. The worst is on Sunday.
- The worst occasions to submit are:
- 6 AM to 9 AM.
- 9 PM to 12 AM.
Industries which have extra success posting early morning are authorities and nonprofits.
Greatest Time to Publish on Twitter
Entrepreneurs report that the most effective time to submit on this text-based social media platform is between 9 AM and noon.
- 23% of marketers surveyed say 9 AM – 12 PM is the best time to post on the platform, followed by 12 PM – 3 PM, then 3 PM – 6 PM.
- Like Instagram and Facebook, Friday is the best day to post on the platform, and Wednesday is just as good.
- Worst times? Early morning. Specifically 6 – 9 AM.
Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
Roughly 31% of U.S. adults use LinkedIn to community and share their skilled endeavors. It’s no shock that it’s the one social platform to report a weekday as one of many prime days to submit.
- Goal to submit on LinkedIn between 9 – 12 PM, 12 – 3 PM, or 3 – 6 PM.
- The most effective day to submit is Mondays, Wednesdays, or Tuesdays, in that order.
- The bottom-performing days are Sundays and Saturdays, respectively.
Greatest Time to Publish on Pinterest
- The most effective occasions to post on Pinterest are between 3 PM and 6 PM.
- The second most popular time is 6 – 9 PM, selected by marketers surveyed in defense or aeronautics, chemicals and metals, and agriculture, food, and beverage.
- 29% of marketers say the best day to post on Pinterest is Friday, and the worst is Sunday.
Best Time to Post on YouTube
- Publish between 6 PM and 9 PM (23%), 3 to six PM (22%), and midday to three PM.
- 18% of entrepreneurs surveyed suggest posting on Fridays, whereas 16% say Saturday is the most effective day to submit.
- Tuesday is the worst day to submit on the platform, together with early mornings from 6 – 9 AM.
The preferred timeframe for emergency companies, agriculture, meals and beverage, and transportation companies is 3 PM – 6 PM.
Greatest Time to Publish on TikTok
- The best times to post are 6 to 9 PM, 3 to 6 PM, and 12 to 3 PM.
- For B2B brands, Saturdays and Thursdays are the best days to post. For B2C brands, it’s Saturdays and Sundays.
- Although energy and utilities and manufacturing and materials brands seem to find success in posting between 6 to 9 AM, most marketers don’t recommend it.
- The best day to post on TikTok is Friday, and the worst days to post are Monday and Tuesday.
Creating an Effective Posting Schedule
Although each social network sees its engagement increase at specific hours and days of the week, you’ll still have to tailor your approach to your audience.
Use this data as a guide if you don’t have enough data yet. Once you start posting regularly and have collected data, review it to determine when your audience is most active on the platform and what posting schedule they respond to the most.
You may find that certain content types work better when posted at certain times. For instance, your videos may perform well when posting in the morning while your images may do better in the late afternoon.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in 2017, but was updated for comprehensiveness.