Even of us who personal or lease their very own autos and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can sometimes profit from ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.
In case you depend your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward if you use certainly one of these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default cost technique. The playing cards close to the highest of the checklist deal with Uber followers higher, however additionally they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards packages and value-added perks. So take a while to evaluate all of your choices.
Greatest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For greatest outcomes, select your most well-liked Uber card from this checklist and designate it as your default Uber cost technique.
In case you personal a small enterprise or earn adequate revenue as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most well-liked enterprise card as your default cost technique for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not stated journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
1. Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
$300 Annual Credit score In opposition to Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is one of the best bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy motive: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and suggestions as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
In case you make no different journey purchases along with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their total journey credit score on ridesharing fares. Nevertheless it’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% price of return if you redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend at the least $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s price as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, inns, and different journey purchases by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are categorized as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn an infinite 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again by way of checking account deposits and assertion credit, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are price $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $550, and there’s a $75 licensed consumer payment per further consumer, per 12 months. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a few dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Take pleasure in complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Cross lounges worldwide. Earn beneficial perks at high-end inns and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when out there
See our Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card evaluate for extra info. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
2. The Platinum Card® from American Specific
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per Yr ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Specific appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) towards Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 per thirty days for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll need to have a backup Uber cost technique in case you plan to spend considerably greater than $15 per thirty days on ridesharing.
- Welcome Supply: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most well-liked metallic Card design: traditional Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked instantly with airways or by means of American Specific Journey and pay as you go inns booked by means of American Specific Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, present playing cards, money again, basic merchandise, and particular experiences supplied by Amex companions. Redemption minimums typically begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are often price $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions supply one of the best worth.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $695. There’s no licensed consumer payment or overseas transaction payment. See rates & fees for extra info.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline payment credit score that’s good towards purchases with the airline of your selection. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a few of the world’s most luxurious inns, and automated Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
See our Platinum Card® from American Specific evaluate for extra info. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
3. Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes price on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That stated, until you’ve loads of globe-trotting workers, you’re in all probability not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber prices every year in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by means of Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most popular card are price $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions could earn a good increased return, relying on the redemption technique.
- Signal-Up Bonus: While you spend at the least $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is price $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or basic merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), delivery, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn an infinite 1 level per $1 spent on all the pieces else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are price $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction payment or payment for added licensed customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a few dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, doubtlessly magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Take pleasure in journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card evaluate for extra info. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
4. Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most popular isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and presents a pleasant worth increase on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions could earn a good increased return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, price as much as $750 on journey bought by means of Final Rewards, if you spend at the least $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for journey bookings made by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This feature values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace present playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There’s no payment for added licensed customers and no overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to taking part journey companions (a few dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
See our Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card evaluate for extra info. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a special sort of bank card, and it’s price studying our full evaluate (linked under) for extra on precisely what meaning. While you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, routinely redeemed to your account every day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s at the moment no sign-up bonus. Test the issuer’s web site for the newest bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or companies on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by means of the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is routinely redeemed to your account daily.
- Key Charges: There is no such thing as a annual payment or overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not frequent within the bank card world.
See our Apple Card evaluate for extra info. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
6. Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is among the hottest journey rewards bank cards available on the market. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, daily, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% price of return on Uber spending if you redeem factors for assertion credit towards prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is price $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at inns.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for assertion credit towards prior journey purchases at a per-point price of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace present playing cards, basic assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual payment is waived in the course of the first 12 months. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Take pleasure in $100 off your World Entry or TSA PreCheck utility payment, plus a bunch of purchasing and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automobile rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card evaluate for extra info. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards
The most effective bank cards for Uber rides additionally are typically one of the best bank cards for different varieties of journey purchases. However every card on this checklist has some essential options and capabilities in frequent. These are an important ones we thought of when placing it collectively.
Reward Fee for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards packages deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for those who reward them above and past most different varieties of purchases.
Reward Fee on Complementary Purchases
We additionally have a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases on the whole. An important complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and basic journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing companies once they’re out in town or touring removed from residence.
New Cardmember Bonus
A lot of the playing cards on this checklist supply engaging bonuses for brand spanking new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as one of the best Uber bank cards (and one of the best journey bank cards on the whole) are typically beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual payment, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place doable, we choose playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
The most effective Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few supply direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward price, however those who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card presents for vacationers, the upper it’s more likely to be on this checklist.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
In case you’re nonetheless not sure about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we’ve got solutions to some frequent questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nonetheless, on the whole, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or glorious credit score, together with many playing cards on this checklist. In case you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is far under 700, you might have hassle qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, one of the best Uber bank cards have annual charges, generally in extra of $250. The most effective Uber bank card with out an annual payment is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Corporations Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares virtually all the time qualify as basic journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, verify the high-quality print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as basic journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, usually qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure cost technique, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Client Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber shopper bank card is not out there. Whereas that is little question disappointing to Uber followers, this checklist exhibits simply what number of alternate options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And in case you drive for Uber, you may reap the benefits of the newer Uber Pro Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that provides rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas one of the best all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Specific isn’t a foul selection both in case you can hold your Uber spending at or close to $15 per thirty days.
In case you spend greater than $200 to $300 per thirty days on Uber rides, there’s no motive to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber fanatics can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending by means of these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in observe, Uber spending gained’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ total journey credit score allowance.